- How did you get the role as Mulan ? Did many women audition ?
I was told after the dubbing was finished that the dubbing director, Monica Forsberg, who worked at KM Studio, had seen and heard me on TV. I participated in the TV 4 show "Agnetas Nyårskarameller" where I performed a piece from Miss Saigon with Sofia Källgren (Swedish Belle). I was only on for a short time... so I got quite lucky! I was then contacted to audition for the singing of the role. I don't know if other artists were considered for the role.
- Did you audition for both the speaking & singing parts ?
Yes, I got to audition both for the singing and the speaking. I was approved for both parts which was very amazing of course!
- How did the the recording session go ? Did they take a long time ?
The first Mulan role took about 2 workdays to record. Mulan 2 took 1 workday.
- Was it difficult singing "Spegelbild (Reflection)" ?
I found "Reflection" to be really great the first time I heard the orignal version with Lea Salonga so I took it with a great deal of respect. During the recording of the song I had a cold... so it was very hard to do but in the end I managed to sing it in a way that made everyone was pleased.
- Do you like the Swedish lyrics of "Spegelbild" ?
I think the Swedish translation of "Reflection" is amazing. It works well vocally and yet is faithful to the English version.
- What is your favorite line from "Spegelbild" ?
Hard question.. hmm... maybe "Spegel ber dig visa nu, visa vem jag är (Mirror, I beg you, show now, show who I am)". The message, and it was Mulan's journey to find herself and the strength and courage she has inside herself. Something we can all relate to ...
- What is your favorite scene from Mulan ?
I have a few... but it's a bit hard to remember honestly. The matchmaker scene was unbelievably funny, and the scene with Shang and the other soldiers and the little dragon Mushu. And also the scene that reveals that Mulan is a women, it had a lot of strength.
- Do you like your performance ? How was the experience ?
I was satisfied with my performance. It was quite long ago... I had a much younger voice back then of course and when I listen to it nowadays I become a bit moved ... I sound so small and young. Mulan was an experience that maybe only happens once in life. It was great to be a part of Disney's history.
- Do you like the Swedish dubbing of Mulan ?
I think the Swedish dubbing of Mulan holds a high standard yes. I point the finger on the direction and my colleagues that made the film what it is.
- Have you ever auditionned for roles you didn't get ?
I have never auditionned for any other dubbing roles ... I aimed my career on the theater and music industry. Mulan was an amazing side project.
- What do you think of Swedish dubbings in general ?
I'm no expert on Swedish dubbings but the movies I saw as a child and as an adult hold indeed a very a high standard.
- What is your dream role to dub ?
I have done my dream role in the dubbingworld : Mulan of course!
- Did you know that you have fans all over world from your role as the Swedish Mulan ?
Do I have fans all over the world for my performance as the Swedish Mulan ? I had not a clue about that.
- What is your favourite Disney song ?
Dear lord... my favourite Disney song ? It is so hard to answer. I can't answer that, there are so many wonderful.
- What are you doing nowadays ?
Today I'm a very happy Mom to my three children. I work at Arbetsförmedlingen, an employment service company since 2009. It was not a simple decision to saddle like that but I'm pleased and thankful for the 17 years I got as a musical entertainer. I still sing form time to time in small gatherings, and I teach and instruct as a dancer.