- How were you chosen to be Shang and Dr. Facilier ?
I was asked by the studio to do a voice test and Disney chose me in the end.
- Was it a dream to dub a character in an animated movie ?
No, because of my activities in the musical world this came to be but of course I loved to do it.
- What is your opinion about that so many childeren still enjoy movies like Mulan and The Princess and the Frog and that your voice is still there in twenty years or so ?
It still surprises me that new generations still love these movies, and even more that they recognize my voice. I mean the recording happened a long time ago and I only saw those movies two times. One time while dubbing and the second time in the cinema. (And I must confess I always watch the Disney movies in English, oops!!)
- What do you like better, to dub a good guy like Shang or the villain like Dr. Facilier ?
I always like it better to play the bad guy. A character like that has more layers and without the bad guy it would be boring right?
- What is your favorite Disney movie ?
The Lion King & Beauty and the Beast.
- You also played the Beast in the musical of Beauty and the Beast. Do you like it better to play a Disney character in a musical or to dub one ?
A musical character you play a whole season, so I prefer that.