- How did you get the role of Pocahontas ?
I was doing a show, ‘’Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’’ in Malmo and Monica Forsberg, the woman in charge of translating all the Disney movies had also translated Joseph, she saw me in that, I was playing the role of the Narrator, she asked me to try out and I did and got the part !
- How did the recording session go ?
The recording session took about two days, I love working in a studio and doing voice overs, really miss it !!
- Any memories or anecdotes from the recording ?
Because I am from the south of Sweden I had to speak in a different dialect to do Pocahontas, that was sometimes a bit hard.
- Has this role of Pocahontas opened you doors ?
It has been an amazing thing to have on my resume for sure, I sometimes get asked in auditions to sing Pocahontas in Swedish which is always funny, and it will always be my voice in that movie and that's a pretty cool thing 🙂
- What do you think about Pocahontas 2 ?
I liked Pocahontas 2, not as much as the first but I liked singing the songs!
- Tell us about your recording of Ariel’s singing voice in the TV show of The Little Mermaid, how did you end up singing for Ariel there ?
All the Disney movies and TV shows were recorded at the same studio at the time so it was often like ‘’Oh, can you just record this song or these lines’’ … And that’s super fun !
- What is your favourite Disney character ?
It of course has to be Pocahontas!
- Favourite Disney song ?
Colors of the Wind !
- Have you ever heard Pocahontas in other languages ?
I have heard clips of other languages and there are some versions that I like more than others but I can’t remember that well.
- Does your daughter watch Pocahontas (and Disney movies) in Swedish or in English ?
She has but not in a while, she has seen it in Swedish, mostly she ends up watching movies in English.
- If Disney Sweden calls you to dub the character of Pocahontas in another sequel, will you make the travel to your home country to dub her again ?
Absolutely I would !!!
- What is your favorite line from Colors of the Wind ?
"How high does the sycamore grow, if you cut it down then you'll never know"
- Do you know that you are one of the most beloved international Pocahontas, especially by Disney USA ?
No, I didn't know that! I know that Disney records were very interested in me at the time of Pocahontas and the Disney Europe had never had such feedback in regards to my voice, that was very flattering :)