Den Lille Havfrue (1990)
The Little Mermaid
Sources : VHS credits / BLU-RAY credits / 1997 Soundtrack
If someone has more information about the partial redub (choir, mixing, other modifications?), please use the contact section
- Release dates :
Denmark - November 16, 1990 (First version)
Denmark - February 6, 1998 (1990 version with 1998 partial redubbing)
- Sissel Kyrkjebø came to sing the songs of Ariel (and Vanessa's) again in 1998; and Flounder's voice was redubbed at the same time - for unknown reasons. The 1990 lyrics and dialogue adaptation was kept for this partial redub. The 1990 cast with this 1998 partial redub is today the official Danish version of the movie.
- While Sissel Kyrkjebø sang the vocalizations of Ariel and Vanessa in the Norwegian and Swedish versions, Denmark used Jodi Benson in the three scenes. However, we can hear Sissel's vocalizations on the Danish 1997 soundtrack.
- The credits of the 1998 dubbing mention Vibeke Dueholm as the new Director for "Ariel sang" (Ariel's singing voice), Tumle (Flounder), og Kor (Choir) : it seems the Choir of the first two songs was also redubbed in 1998 (while the choir of Sebastian's songs was apparently left as it was from the 1990 recording - no info about the choir of the Finale song).
- Marie Ingerslev told in an interview for this site that she was originally chosen for both speaking and singing voice of Ariel; when she was still 15 years-old. But while the Danes were happy with this choice, Disney USA eventually went for a "package" with Sissel Kyrkjebø in the Nordic countries (Denmark, Norway and Sweden).
- Marie Ingerslev, the speaking voice of Ariel, is the daughter of Jess Ingerslev, the voice of Scuttle.